Did you know?
Only with knowledge we can prevent or increase the understanding of the need to seek help
Girls are twice as likely as boys to be depressed by the age of 16. A large amount is due to body image from societies expectation of having the perfect body.
- Women suffer from clinical depression twice as often than men and it is largely due to abuse in one’s life.
- Every time you have an episode of depression it gets worst.
- Depression can cause medical conditions to worsen such as diabetes, stroke and heart attacks.
- 40% of kids have been exposed to events where post traumatic syndrome disorder may be imminent. The symptoms are trouble sleeping, easily irritated, very needy, problems concentrating, an exaggerated startle response and outbursts of aggression.
- Triggers in social anxiety peaks at approximately 11 years old.
- Separation anxiety Disorder peaks between 7 and 9 years of age.
- Depression causes more sick days than diabetes or heart disease.
- Post partum depression can be treated and if not treated 50% will continue to have it later, 20% will get better and 0.1 can develop psychotic symptoms.
- Only 50% of people recognize they are depressed leaving the other 50% no chance to be treated, although treatments are
normally 75-80% effective.
Read 2 Kings 20:5-6 Hezekiah prayed, God listened and gave instructions to treat his wound for healing.